Translate

Sunday, 15 July 2012

Making Gingerbread Men

Today we did some baking and we made Gingerbread Men. I made a happy face and a kiwi. We put some writing icing fudge to decorate. It tasted really nice.

Here's the recipe if someone wants to make it. My aunt (Nee Masi) gave it to my mum.

3 tablespoons golden syrup
75g castor sugar
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
75g butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
225g plain flour

Preheat oven to 180 degrees

Place golden syrup, sugar, water and spices into large saucepan

Remove from heat and add butter and baking soda

Add flour a little at a time until mixture makes a firm dough

Put in fridge to chill for a few minutes, then roll to desired thickness depending on how crunchy you would like them.

Once cool cut out shapes and bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until crisp.






4 comments:

  1. Cool! Let's make them in November when Nee masi's back!

    Save one for me!

    Love Sairamasi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaan, looks yummy! Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaan V...yay I'm in your blog again!!:-)

    I can't wait to come back and make gingerbread men with you and Rango!! Hurry up November!

    Maybe afterwards we can finish our volleyball game too with Sairamasi...remember the score is 5 - 5!

    Love Neemasi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shaan,

    Wow I loved reading your instructions about gingerbread men.

    I liked how you wrote all the ingredients and then had really clear steps. All of your instructions has action verbs like add, place, remove, cut which tell the reader what to do.

    Keep up the great writing!
    From Kate

    ReplyDelete